Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 burgers
1 large sweet potato (cooked)
15 oz can black beans (rinsed and dried)
1 avocado ( mashed)
1/2 cup cooked corn
1/2 cup whole wheat flour or oats
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Cook the sweet potato until fully cooked ( I microwaved mine for 4-5 minutes).
2) In a large bowl, combine 1 can of black beans with the mashed avocado.
3) Mash the black beans and avocado together with a fork. (You do not have to mash completely. It is okay to leave some of the black beans whole)
4) Add the rest of the ingredients to the large bowl and mix thoroughly.
5) Spray nonstick spray on baking pan.
6) Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheet.
7) Cook the patties for 20 minutes on each side or until browned.