Are you eating the same things each week?
Are you unsure of how to combine a variety
of ingredients to make a delicious meal?
If so, check out my recipes below and
enjoy every bite!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 medium sized acorn squash
- 1 pound of organic ground turkey
- 10 orange grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 10 red grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Low fat mozarella cheese (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds. ( Use a sharp knife as cutting this can be challenging)
3) Brush 2 tbsp of olive oil on top of acorn squash and place in a pan with 1/4 cup of water on the bottom of pan. (Place acorn squash face up in pan)
4) Place in the oven for 50 minutes.
5) With 15 minutes left, boil the quinoa and chicken broth. Once it boils, turn heat to low and cover for 15 minutes or until the broth is gone. Use a fork to fluff when done.
6) Cook the ground turkey on the stove until slightly brown. Add the broccoli and tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes.
7) Add the quinoa to the ground turkey and mix until completely combined.
8) Add the entire mixture to the acorn squash. If you would like to add cheese, top the acorn squash with cheese and place in the oven for 5 more minutes.
9) You will have leftovers of the mix. Enjoy for leftovers!