Looking to spice up your ab workout and try something other than sit-ups? If so, try this stability ball exercise. Doing this exercise with your feet on the stability ball forces you to engage your core muscles to stay balanced. If the knee tucks seem too easy, try the pikes and add in a push up between reps.
1) Find a stability ball and lay on the floor in front of it with your hands on the floor shoulder width apart in a push-up position.
2) Place your lower shins on top of an exercise ball and push up into a push up position. This will be your starting position.
3) Pull your knees in towards your chest and hold position for 1-2 seconds as you squeeze your abs.
4) Slowly straighten your legs, rolling the ball back to the starting position.
5) Exhale when pulling your knees to your chest and inhale as you return to starting position.
6) Try 3 x 10-15. If you find that you are arching your back or you can't stay balanced, get rid of the stability ball and try mountain climbers (refer to previous blog posts for this exercise)