Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
-10 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb ground turkey
-1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce ( I like Rao's homemade marinara sauce)
-10 oz frozen chopped spinach (microwave and drain)
-15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350°
2) While the oven is preheating, cook the ground turkey on the stove at medium heat. Also, cook 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles in boiling water until soft ( 8 minutes or so)
3) Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a medium size bowl.
4) Add the ground turkey to the bowl when it is done cooking and mix well.
5) When the noodles are done cooking, lay them on wax paper until cool.
6) Ladle 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
7) Add 1/3 of the mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll the noodle carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles. 8) Ladle the rest of the sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top the noodles with the mozzarella cheese.
9) Cook for 30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.