Standing one arm cable row
This exercise is targeting my client's upper and mid back. This exercise will help her posture when running her marathon in October.
- Begin with feet shoulder width apart and stand with your knees slighty flexed
- Hold cable with arm extended at chest level
- Pull cable back and squeeze your shoulder blade while keeping your core tight
- Slowly return your arm to original position by extending your elbow
-Do not allow your shoulders to elevate or your head to jut forward.
- If you notice that your form is compromised, decrease the weight or try this exercise while seated on a bench. The standing position will allow you to use your core more while focusing on stability.
Challenge yourself and try 3 sets of 10 on each arm.