Recipe of the Week- 11.21.16
Pumpkin Protein Muffins
Yields: 12 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cups silvered almonds
¼ cup almond butter
1 TBSP olive oil
Additional almond butter for top of muffins (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line muffin tin with liners and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, add the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk ingredients together until mixed well.
4) Add the remaining ingredients (besides the silvered almonds) to the dry mixture. Mix well and distribute ¼ cup to each muffin tin.
5) Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
6) Remove from oven and spread 1 tsp of almond butter on top (optional) and sprinkle the silvered almonds on top.
7) Place back in the oven and cook for another 5-10 minutes.