Recipe of the Week
Sweet Potato and Kale Quiche
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
1 small sweet potato
3/4 cup skim milk
3 oz. goat cheese
1 bunch kale- stemmed and finely chopped
Pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
4 large eggs
1) Heat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Peel and cube sweet potato. Toss in olive oil and roast in the oven for about 20 minutes (until tender).
3) Turn oven down to 375 degrees. Grease and flour pie plate.
4) Saute kale with olive oil in pan for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Let cool.
5) Whisk eggs, milk, and spices together. Fold vegetables. Roughly combine goat cheese into the mixture.
6) Pour the quiche into the pie plate and bake for about 40 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Created by my co worker, Jocelin RD, LDN.