Recipe of the Week- 2.8.16
Heart Healthy No Bake Trail Mix Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 16 small squares
2/3 cup whole almonds
2/3 cup whole cashews
1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled outs
1/3 ground flax seeds
1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup honey
1 cup of creamy almond or peanut butter
1) Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2) In a blender, blend almonds and cashews into small pieces but leave a couple larger chunks in there.
3) In a large bowl, combine oats, ground flax, crushed nuts, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries. Mix well and set aside.
4) In a separate bowl, mix melted peanut butter and honey and pour over the dried ingredients. Mix well and pour the mixture into the baking dish.
5) Press firmly until the entire mix is spread evenly.
6) Place in refrigerator for an hour and then cut into 16 squares.
Inspired by Sally’s Baking Addiction with healthier adjustments.