Recipe of the Week- 1.4.16
Protein Muffin Fruit Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 12 mini muffins
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter or PB2 mixed with water
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla protein powder- I used Juice Plus French Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cut up strawberries
- 1/4 cup of blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Spray your mini muffin pan with nonstick spray.
3) In your blender, ( I used my vitamix), mix the banana until smooth.
4) Add the egg and peanut butter and continue to mix until smooth.
5) Add the protein powder, vanilla extract, and syrup to the mix and mix well.
6) Spoon the mix into the muffin tin until 3/4 of the way full.
7) Bake for 15 minutes or until a tooth pick can go in and come out clean.
8) After a couple of minutes, cut out a small circle in the muffin and add some strawberries and blueberries.
9) Add a little extra syrup on top.
10) Freeze or store extra muffins for later use.