Recipe of the Week- 1.11.16
Roasted Cinnamon Chickpeas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas in a strainer.
3) Pat the chickpeas dry with a paper towel until all of the water is completely absorbed ( The outer shell make come off of the chickpea but this will help make the chickpea become crunchier).
4) Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
5) After the 15 minutes, spread 1 TBSP of olive oil over the chickpeas.
6) Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chick peas. You can add more of these ingredients for extra flavor. (If you like spicy, try it with hot sauce)
7) Put the chickpeas back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
8) Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy!