Exercise of the Week- 1.11.16
This exercise allows you to focus on numerous muscles at once. The main muscles worked are your abdominals and shoulders. During the pike up of the exercise, you are fully engaging your core to allow your feet to move closer to your body. This exercise was performed on a woodway treadmill in "dynamic" mode. This mode allows you to use only your body weight to move the treadmill belt. However, if you do not have access to this type of treadmill, you can use a stability ball. Check out my exercise of the week from previous weeks to see how to do this on a stability ball.
1) Set the treadmill to Dynamic Mode ( hold down the +/- sign at the same time until dynamic mode shows up).
2) Place your feet in the middle of the treadmill with your hands on the floor in a push-up position underneath your shoulders.
3) Use your toes to grip the treadmill andpull the treadmill backwards as you begin the exercise.
4) Raise your hips, hips raise to create a pike position.
5) Hold the exercise at the top for 1-2 seconds before returning to your starting position in a plank.
6) Push the treadmill forward to fully straighten your back and return to your plank position.
7) Start with 3 sets of 10.