Recipe of the Week- 12.14.15
Quinoa Sweet Potato Patties with an Avocado Lime Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for patties:
1.5 cups cooked quinoa
1.5 cups of cooked sweet potato
1 small zucchini, grated
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp olive oil or nonstick cooking spray for cooking
Ingredients for avocado lime dressing:
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic (minced)
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup lime
¼ cup honey
¼ cup fresh cilantro (or to taste)
salt & pepper to taste
Instructions for patties:
1) Boil sweet potatoes until tender (Peel and cube first)
2) Cook quinoa according to the package.
3) Drain sweet potatoes and let cool.
4) In a food processor or vitamix, grate onion and zucchini and place in a large bowl when done.
5) Add the cooked quinoa, sweet potato, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper and pulse until mixture is in a rough paste.
6) Add the ingredients from the food processor to the large bowl with the zucchini and onion. Mix well.
7) Form the mixture into 6 large patties.
8) In a large skillet or on a grill, cook the patties with a drizzle of olive oil for 5-6 minutes per side until they are brown and crispy.
9) Top with the avocado lime dressing for more taste.
Instructions for the avocado lime dressing:
1) Using your hands or a blender (vitamix), combine all of the ingredients and then puree until smooth.
2) Refrigerate when done.
Quinoa patties inspired by: http://www.macheesmo.com/sweet-potato-quinoa-veggie-burgers/
Avocado lime dressing inspired by: http://www.thekitchenmagpie.com/homemade-honey-lime-garlic-avocado-dressing/