2) Cut the acorn squash in half and remove the seeds. Pour 1 tsp of olive oil in each half and place face down on baking pan.
3) Bake the squash for about 40-45 minutes until soft.
4) While the squash is baking, place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. I used a vitamix to chop my almonds. A food processor or sharp knife will also work.
4) Remove the squash from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
5) With a fork, scrape the insides of the squash into a bowl and mash well.
6) Place the mashed squash in a colander for 10-15 minutes to let any excess water drip out.
7) Add the squash to the large bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix well.
8) When the mixture is complete, form patties and place on baking sheet as shown in the picture. ( The patties should be about 1/4 cup)
9) Bake the patties for 30-35 minutes. For more of a crunchy texture, bake for 35 minutes.
10) Flip the patties half way through at 15-20 minutes.
These patties are tasty on their own or you can add them to a whole wheat bun! These are a great meal/snack for the week. Also, you can freeze these patties so that they don't go to waste and you can enjoy them later on.
Inspired by: http://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/09/10/acorn-squash-veggie-burgers/#uwWQMm7m8yLdxFhG.99 - modifications were made to make them healthier.