Recipe of the Week- 10.19.15
Baked Apples Stuffed with Oats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 4 Honey Crisp Apples ( you can use any apple of your choice)
- 1/2 cup of whole grain rolled oats ( I used gluten free, but you can use any of your choice)
- 1 cup cashew almond milk ( you can use regular milk or water if you would like)
- 3 TBSP maple syrup ( you can use honey as well)
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds ( I will try walnuts next time)
- 1 TBSP (spinkle) cinnamon
- 1 TBSP (spinkle) pumpkin spice
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Remove the apple cores ( I do not have an apple corer so I used a knife to cut out the core and a spoon to scoop out the center to leave room for the oats. Do not cut through the bottom of the apple).
2) Boil 1 cup of cashew almond milk.
3) Add the whole grain oats and stir for 1-2 minutes. Turn stove off and remove from heat.
4) Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice to the oats and mix well. Sprinkle half of the slivered almonds into the mixture.
5) Place the apples on a baking pan and scoop out the oats mixture ( about 1/4 cup) and put it in the center of the apples.
6) Place the baking pan in the oven for 20-30 minutes until the apples are tender.
7) Once the apples are done, sprinkle a little extra cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup on top for extra flavor (optional).
8) Top with the rest of the slivered almonds and enjoy!