Recipe of the Week 9.21.15
As much as I love summer, I am excited for pumpkin season!
Be prepared to see lots of pumpkin recipes on my blog coming up!
Protein Packed Pumpkin Oatmeal
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5-7 minutes
1/2 cup dry oats
1 cup skim milk (or almond milk- less protein)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1) Add milk to the pot and bring to a boil.
2) Add the oats and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon and then remove from heat.
4) Pour in a bowl and top with pumkin seeds and maple syrup.
5) Feel free to add a little more pumpkin spice on top for more flavor!
This is a very nutrient dense and delicious meal. Check out my instragram for my pumpkin smoothie recipe!