Mountain climbers are a compound exercise that target your abdominal muscles , glutes, hamstrings, quadriceps, back, triceps, and hips. This exercise will challenge your stability, balance and coordination while increasing your joint flexibiity. In this video, you will see that I increase the intensity by adding a bosu ball and sliding plates. These added items help increase the proprioception and make the workout more challenging. No excuses for this exercise as it can be done anywhere!
1) Align your body in the plank position with your hands directly under your shoulders, shoulder-width apart.
2) Keep your legs and arms straight, tuck your chin and contract your core muscles.
3) Lift your right foot off of the floor and draw your right knee to your chest.
4) Return right foot and repeat with left leg.
5) To challenge yourself, repeat the same exercise while drawing your right knee to your left elbow and repeat on the other side.
Try 60 seconds of this exercise and you will break a sweat. If you are a beginner start slow with 10-20 seconds and work your way up. See if you can increase your time each week!