Exercise of the Week 7.27.15
Standing one arm cable row
This exercise is targeting my client's upper and mid back. This exercise will help her posture when running her marathon in October.
- Begin with feet shoulder width apart and stand with your knees slighty flexed
- Hold cable with arm extended at chest level
- Pull cable back and squeeze your shoulder blade while keeping your core tight
- Slowly return your arm to original position by extending your elbow
-Do not allow your shoulders to elevate or your head to jut forward.
- If you notice that your form is compromised, decrease the weight or try this exercise while seated on a bench. The standing position will allow you to use your core more while focusing on stability.
Challenge yourself and try 3 sets of 10 on each arm.